Fiber optic module is characterized by three sets of performance criteria: transceiver, receiver, and transmitter. The transmitter converts electrical signals into light signals, through the fiber optical transmission, the receiving end of the optical signals are converted into electric signals.
Fiber Optical Module Function
Fiber optic module can be divided into fiber optical receiver module, fiber optical transmission module, fiber optical transceiver module and fiber optical transponder module.
Fiber optic module main function is to achieve the conversion between optical-electrical and electrical-optical, including optical power control, modulation transmission, signal detection, IV conversion and limiting amplifier decision regeneration, in addition, there are security information query, TX-disable and other functions. Common fiber optic transceiver modules are: SFP, SFF, SFP+, GBIC, XFP, 1×9 and so on.
Fiber optical transmission module not only has photoelectric conversion function, but also it integrates a lot of signal processing functions, such as: MUX / DEMUX, CDR, function control, energy acquisition and monitoring. Common fiber optical transmission modules: 200/300pin, XENPAK, and X2/XPAK so on.
The optical transceiver module, referred to as optical module or fiber optic module, is an important device in fiber optical communication system.
The Main Parameters of Fiber Optical Module
Pluggable: hot pluggable and non-hot pluggable;
Package: SFP, GBIC, XFP, Xenpak, X2, 1X9, SFF, 200/3000pin, XPAK
Transmission Rate: Transmission rate refers to the number of gigabits transmitted per second, per unit of Mb/s or Gb/s. Optical modules cover the following main rate: low rates, Fast, Gigabit, 2.5G, 4.25G, 4.9G, 6G, 8G, 10G and 40G.
Fiber Optical Module Package
- XFP (10 Gigabit Small Form Factor Pluggable) is a hot pluggable transceiver, is independent communication protocol optical transceiver for 10G bps Ethernet, SONET / SDH and Fiber Channel.
2. SFP transceivers (small form factor pluggable), currently are the most widely used.
3. BiDi series of single-mode bidirectional optical module, uses WDM technology, achieving a fiber optic transmits two-way information (point to point transmission, especially for fiber optic resources are insufficient, need a fiber bi-directional signal transmission). GigacBiDi series include BiDi SFP, GBIC Bidirectional (BiDi), SFP+ Bidirectional (BiDi), XFP Bidirectional (BiDi), SFF Bidirectional (BiDi) and so on.
4. RJ45 transceiver is electrical port small form factor pluggable module, also known as the power module or electrical interface module.
5. SFF According to their pin, SFF transceivers are divided into 2×5, 2×10, etc.
6. Gigabit Ethernet Interface Converter (GBIC) module.
7. Passive Optical Network PON (A-PON, G-PON, EPON OLT) optical module.
8.40Gbs high-speed optical modules.
9. SDH transmission module (OC3, OC12, OC48).
10. Storage modules, such as 4G, 8G, etc.