- How to Choose a Network Interface Card?
- How to Choose Boot Cover and RJ45 Plug for Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a Bulk Ethernet Cables?
- Structured Fiber Cabling Solutions for Network & Server Cabinet
- What Is Open Networking and How Does It Benefit Customers?
- FS.COM N5850-48S6Q VS. Cisco Nexus 3172PQ 48-Port 10Gbe Switch
Tags10GbE switch 48 port switch armored fiber optic cable bulk fiber optic cable cable management cable stripper Cat6 cable Cat6 ethernet cable CWDM Duplex Fiber Optic Cable DWDM EDFA Ethernet cable Ethernet Media Converter Ethernet switch fiber connector fiber media converter fiber optic cable fiber optic cable manufacturers fiber optic cables fiber optic cleaver fiber optic light source fiber optic network Fiber Patch Cables fiber pigtail FTTH FTTH drop cable fusion splicer gigabit switch lszh cable multimode fiber cable network switch OM3 optical amplifier Optical fiber patch cable optical power meter optical splitter optical time-domain reflectometer optical transceiver OTDR PoE switch SFP+ Transceivers sfp transceiver waterproof cables WDM
Tag Archives: optical time-domain reflectometer
The past few years have witnessed the boom in optical fiber being used in network communication industry. In order to make sure that the fiber network is reliable and accessible, a more accurate and faster methodology for assessing the integrity … Continue reading
Learning how to operate an OTDR properly is a very important skill for technicians in companies management and maintenance of fiber optic networks. The following passage contains clearer descriptions of OTDR to aid the users in understanding the basic principles … Continue reading
1. High-precision Optical Time Domain Reflectometer(ODTR) Optical Time Domain Reflectometer technology through sending a test signal in the measured line while monitoring signal in the line of reflection phase and intensity. If the signal through the cable encounter mutation of … Continue reading
No matter installing new cable, or troubleshooting the existing cable, cable testing plays an essential role in the process. Common tests for datacom cabling include length, wiremap, attenuation, NEXT, DC loop resistance, and return loss. When doing cable testing must … Continue reading
Once the cable plant is installed and terminated, or likewise fiber optic cables get damaged as the time passes by. It is recommended to test the fiber optic segment. Thus it’s of prior need to get them tested on a … Continue reading
OTDR, full name of which is optical time-domain reflectometer is one of the most popular method of testing the light loss in the cable plant. In most circumstance, it also indicate an fiber optic testing instrument to characterized the optical fibers. OTDRs … Continue reading